- Life & Medical Sciences
Igor de la Arada (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Artur Escalada (email@example.com).
The Basque Resource for Advanced Light Microscopy (BRALM) of the Biofisika Institute (CSIC/UPV-EHU) offers a collection of state-of-the-art light microscopy equipment and image analysis resources. The Facility is focused on quantitative imaging of cellular events like molecular interactions and biophysical studies such as lipid-mediated protein interactions or lipid-order imaging of model membranes and cells, with experience in spatio-temporal studies of molecular interactions on the single cell basis (FRET-FLIM), intact-cell imaging of lipid concentration at the plasma membrane, ligand-receptor binding (FCS), lipid-mediated protein interactions (scanning FCS) or lipid packing in a membrane (Generalised Polarisation) among others.
- Widefield Fluorescence Microscopy
- Scanning and Spinning Disk Confocal Microscopy
- Fluorescence correlation spectroscopy (FCS)
- Fluorescence cross-correlation spectroscopy (FCCS)
- Fluorescence-lifetime imaging microscopy (FLIM)
- Fluorescence resonance energy transfer (FRET-FLIM)
- Generalized Polarization (GP)
- Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM)
- Microdissection and Nanosurgery
Biofisika Institute (CSIC/UPV-EHU) - Science Park of the UPV/EHU - Barrio Sarriena s/n - 48940 - Leioa, (Bizkaia).
- Olympus IXplore SpinSR10: The Olympus IXplore SpinSR10 spinning disk confocal super resolution microscope is designed to provide Super resolution (down to 120nm XY resolution) and prolonged cell viability in confocal time-lapse imaging due to less phototoxicity and bleaching. The microscope has been adapted to a Rapp OptoElectronic UGA-42 Caliburn 355/42 pulsed laser (355nm, 1KHz, 42µJ/pulse) to be able to perform ablation and microdissection.
- Leica TCS SP5 + MP: The Leica TCS SP5 is an advanced confocal microscope suitable for scanning fixed samples and live cell imaging. The microscope is equiped with 3 PMT, 2 Hybrid and 2 APD detectors and has been adapted to Mai-Tai Infrared Laser and a Becker & Hickl TCSPC System to perform FLIM, FCS and FCCS experiments.
- Zeiss Axio Observer 7 - Apotome 3: The Zeiss Axio Observer 7 is a standard widefield fluorescence microscope equipped with a Zeiss Apotome 3, capable to create optical sections of the fluorescent samples removing the out-of-focus light using structured Illumination.
- Nikon C1 Confocal Scanning Microscope The Nikon Eclipse TE-2000 is a standard confocal microscope, suitable for scanning of fixed samples and live cell imaging.
- JPK Nanowizard UltraSpeed AFM: Mounted in a Leica DM 4000 widefield fluorescence microscope, allowing also the adquisition of fluorescence imaging of the sample, the JPK Nanowizard Ultraspeed AFM enables the tracking of changes in samples in real time whether the sample be imaged in air or liquid.
- Image Analysis Worksation: An Intel Xeon W-2255 3.70GHz (10 Cores) workstation equipped with 512GB of RAM, Nvidia RTX A4000 16GB GPU and ultrafast NVMe SSD disks. Software installed: BitPlane Imaris Core Facility, SVI Huygens, Matlab R2019b, FiJi/ImageJ, LAS X Core, FLIMfit...