- To understand the molecular pathogenesis of haematological diseases (and other types of cancer) and the translation of that knowledge to clinical environments.
- To identify and develop new biomarkers for cancer diagnosis and prognosis.
Main lines of research
The identification and assessment of the utility of circulating microRNA/RNA as non-invasive cancer biomarkers.
- Identification of factors behind drug resistance and new therapeutic procedures to treat cancer by using coding viral libraries for siRNA/microRNA.
- Identification of new mutations on the site of target gene-microRNA interaction and in the sequence of the same microRNA associated with cancer.
- Characterisation of the target miRNA:mRNA interface in cancer.
Life & Medical Sciences
- Biosciences & Health
How to arrive