Vicomtech’s Intelligent Transport Systems and Engineering department applies Machine Vision, Advanced Display Systems, Knowledge Engineering and Advanced Algorithm technologies to the industrial sector in general and the transport sector in particular, providing the sector’s companies with technology solutions (ITS).
The department’s main activities are:
- R&D for Machine Vision, Advanced Display Systems, Knowledge Engineering and Advanced Algorithms.
- Provision of tailored technology solutions for companies, private individuals and government bodies.
- Improving the effectiveness of the solutions, products or tasks through real application of R&D results as smart solutions.
Specifically, we work to offer solutions in:
- Unobtrusive smart sensors for vehicle count and classification.
- Smart signalling.
- Tools to aid infrastructure management, operation and maintenance.
- Traffic and Accident Simulation and Prediction Systems.
- On-board Systems:
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS):Lane Departure Warning, Safety Distance and Collision Warning, Driver State Monitoring, Traffic Sign Recognition, Pedestrian Detection, etc.
- Machine vision-based 6D sensors – Visual Odometry, 3D Environment Reconstruction and Obstacle Detection.
- Simultaneous localisation and mapping (SLAM).
- Advanced HMI.
- Parameter monitoring for eco-assist systems and predictive maintenance.
Engineering & Technology
- Advanced manufacturing