The Industry and Advanced Manufacturing area in Vicomtech seeks to apply technologies related to Simulation, Visualisation, Augmented Reality, Geometry Processing, Artificial Vision, and Knowledge Engineering for the management, processing, analysis and use of data generated in industrial settings. Our inspiration is derived from the desire to support industry in its path to new and innovation paradigms through the use of revolutionary ICT technologies. Thus supporting development of products and processes required by the industry of the future.
The main activities of the area are:
- R&D in Artificial Vision for analysis, control and quality assurance of processes and manufacturing goods.
- R&D in Interaction, Visualisation and Process Simulation.
- R&D in shop floor knowledge management.
- R&D in geometry processing mechanisms targeting additive manufacturing technologies.
- Offering tailor-made technological solutions to companies, private citizens and public administrations.
- Improving the effectiveness of solutions, products or tasks through the real application of R&D results as intelligent solutions.
We offer these solutions in particular:
- Modelling and Simulation:
- Modelling and physical simulation of processing and products in production chains, manufacturing cells, and production lines.
- Modelling and simulation of additive manufacturing processes, sintering, and stereo lithography.
- FEM and BEM physical simulation.
- CAD, CAM, CAE.
Engineering & Technology
- Advanced manufacturing