- To develop advanced IT systems based on the management, transmission and efficient display of information, data mining, semantic engineering and artificial intelligence that can improve the efficiency of the health system and the quality of patient care, both in the hospital environment and at home, in all areas of the health chain (management, prevention, diagnosis, therapy, follow-up and rehabilitation).
- To develop IT systems aimed at a particular field or pathology, which use radiological images and other types of demographic or associated clinical information to improve the diagnoses and plan and implement interventions as accurately and safely as possible, through 2D/3D image analysis techniques, modelling of anatomical structures, artificial intelligence, display, virtual navigation, image-guided surgery and robotic surgery.
- To develop IT systems for the analysis and display of biological and omic data, in order to speed up the biomedical research and performance of advanced diagnostic testing.
Main lines of research
- Computer-aided diagnosis:
- Image analysis.
- Omic data analysis.
- Artificial intelligence.
- Semantic engineering.
- Computer-assisted intervention and follow-up:
- Pre-operative planning.
- Intra-operative navigation, Image-guided surgery and Robotic surgery.
- Post-treatment follow-up and rehabilitation.
- Information Systems in Health:
- Distributed systems.
- Information Systems in Hospitals: Telemedicine, Home care and Independent living.
Life & Medical Sciences
- Biosciences & Health
How to arrive