- Life & Medical Sciences
Javier Díez García (Technician)
(0034) 94 600 6000 - Ext 2124
Please check website
The Microscopy Facility manages the use, maintenance and set-up of the microscopes existing at BioCruces and also provides customers with assistance in sample preparation, equipment manipulation, data analysis and experimental design.
Here below are indicated the imaging acquisition options available in our facility. These can be customized and others non-listed here can be studied and set-up under request. Please, contact the facility technician for further information.
- Transmitted light imaging:
- Image acquisition with bright field, phase contrast and differential interference contrast (DIC).
- Fluorescence microscopy:
- Image acquisition with filters for DAPI, GFP, YFP, Texas Red and Far Red.
- Design and performance of multidimensional imaging experiments.
- Confocal microscopy:
- High resolution confocal fluorescence microscopy with tunable spectral detection (? excit: 405, 458, 488, 514, 561 and 633 nm).
- Super-resolution imaging with Airyscan module in the emission spectrum of the corresponding excitation range wavelength (? excit: 405, 458, 488, 514, 561 and 633 nm).
- Live-cell imaging:
- Temperature, CO2 and humidity-controlled incubation chamber for widefield fluorescence.
- High-sensitivity dual CCD cameras (Zeiss Axiocam 503 mono and AxioCam MRc).
- Time lapse and long-term time lapse (eg multiple days) experiments for cultured cells with simultaneous transmitted and fluorescence illumination.
- High-throughput microscopy:
- Randomized acquisition capability in predefined cell culture formats.
- Motorized stage for simultaneous multi-position time lapse recording.
- Image processing, analysis and quantification:
- Measurement of object intensity, size, number etc.
- 3D reconstuctions, rendering and measurements.
The facility has a range of inverted microscopes and related systems that offer a wide array of capabilities. Every microscope is equipped with a fluorescent lamp; two of them have an incubation culture chamber needed to maintain a CO2, humidity and temperature controlled atmosphere that enables multidimensional time-lapse experiments in cultured cells.
High resolution imaging can be acquired in vivo with a structured illumination module Apotome.2 and super resolution is feasible on a LSM 880 Airyscan module, both of them mounted on corresponding Zeiss AxioObserver.Z1 microscopes.
Zeiss LSM 880 Airyscan
Zeiss Axio Observer.Z1 Apotome.2
Microscope Nikon Eclipse TE2000-E
Microscope Leica DMI 6000B
Hospital Universitario Cruces. Plaza de Cruces 12, 48903. Barakaldo, Bizkaia (País Vasco)