- Physical Sciences
The use of the equipment is limited to trained personnel.
The strategic objective of the Surface Technologies research group is to generate and transfer knowledge to optimise the efficiency and in-service behaviour of components. The activity is organized around four research domains: - Tribology - Corrosion - Surface characterization - Numerical simulation The main industries the group is working with are the lift industry, automotive industry, goods and services, industrial valves, construction and health (implants).
The laboratory covers a broad range of services, ranging from laboratory testing, such as friction, wear, corrosion and tribocorrosion tests, to the development of bespoke test benches to assist in the determination of in service behaviour of components. High quality topographical characterization services are also offered, using the state-of-the-art 3D characterization methods and techniques to characterize the surface in terms of waviness, roughness, cavities volume, wear volume, etc.. Numerical FEM simulations are also provided focused in the analysis of contact, wear and fretting phenomena, which assist in the optimization of components.
Mondragon Goi Eskola Politeknikoa S.Coop. Loramendi, 4 20500 Arrasate - Mondragon
The research laboratory has a range of specialist equipment and software.
- TPD 95-C Prizma tribometer
- MT/M/NI/1000 Microtest tribometer
- Mettler Toledo balance XPE205
- Sensofar Plµ Confocal profilometer
- Access to FEI Nova NANOSEM 450 (Materials laboratory)
- PGZ 301 Dynamic EIS Voltimetry VoltaLab.
- Digital PH meter SELECTA PH-2001
- Climate test chamber CCK-40/180
- Salt fog chamber SSC 400 Software:
- SensoMap Turbo 5.0 (Digital Surf)
- Abaqus FEA 6.131 (Simulia)
- Phyton 2.7 • MATLAB R2013a
- Minitab 16 Statistical Software