Polo de Inovación Garaia
20500 Arrasate - Mondragón, Gipuzkoa
Fernando Martinez: Microsystems Area Manager
The access protoco shall be defined according to the case.
The Clean Room Laboratory covers 300 m2, fully equipped with the latest tools for micromachining: mask aligner, substrate bonder, DRIE, sputter tool, furnaces, microelectronic packaging, wafer bonding, microstereolitography, reliability analysis, optical and electronic microscopes. Those processes enable prototyping of Microsystems and miniaturised smart systems capable of carrying out functions like sensing that can be applied in restricted or hostile industrial environments
The Laboratory is divided in three different areas:
• First one, class 100 level, includes Fotolitography processes,
• Second, class 1000, contains Processing, Characterisation and Chemical benches.
• Finally, class 10000, is devoted to Packaging housing and integration
This laboratory and equipment allows to IK4-Ikerlan to be specialised in the activities of promoting and spreading microsystems technology towards the industry in the fields: Mechanical microsensors, polymer based microfluidics / microanalitycal devices and System integration. Thanks to these facilities IK4-Ikerlan covers the overall process for developing a microsystem or smart system, from the design and simulation, over prototyping to packaging and characterisation. Relevant services provided by using that equipment are:
• Prototype fabrication processes by lamination of polymeric and/or adhesive films.
• Fluidic control components.
• Microchannels and bonding of polymeric microdevices.
• Microchip Packaging (flexible and rigid).
• Processes for metallic layer pasivation.
• Metallic layers on the internal or external side of polymeric devices (for heaters, flow sensors…).