The Euskadi 2020 PCTI sets three strategic priorities:
- Energy (electricity, oil, gas and renewable energies). It is a commitment to activities related to extracting, transforming, transporting and distributing different energy sources, and particularly to renewable energies, such as offshore wind power, where the Basque Country seeks to be an international benchmark.
- Advanced manufacturing (aeronautics, automotive, shipbuilding and railways, machine tools, capital goods and metal industries). It is, in short, a commitment to the “Basque Industry 4.0.” strategy.
- Bio-sciences and health. The objective is to consolidate the high-level scientific-technology capacities (convergence of facilitator technologies, micro-nano-bio-tic) and the diversification of industrial companies. The application of biosciences to health drives the development of the health sector, based on a powerful and efficient public network with innovative and research capacity and driving new developments.
And four opportunity areas or “territories":
- Agri-food industry more closely linked to sustainable development and to the human environment.
Food safety and legislation.
Innovation and technology applied to food and processes.
Food chain sustainability.
Culinary and catering industry.
- Territorial planning and urban regeneration: business and technological developments based on advanced services in the areas:
Planning aimed at designing smart territories.
Urban regeneration as part of smart cities
- Leisure, entertainment and culture.
Cultural industries and language industry.
Creative industries (digital leisure, multimedia, etc.).
- Specific activities relating to ecosystems.
Contaminated soils regeneration and recovery.
Monitoring environmental risk.